Namaste! we are accepting orders but expect a delay in Shipping as Nepal postal service has not resumed international shipping. Really sorry for inconvenience. We will update once shipping resumes.
Ghansi brings to you traditional folk melodies of Nepal. Each tune is from a different area of the country transporting you with the melodies from the deep valleys to the highest mountains.
This CD will be enjoyed both by connoisseurs of pure folk music and by music lovers of all sorts who appreciate skill and musical mastery.
1. Rajamati- A popular Newari tune based on a love story.
2. Simsime panima- This tune from the hill region of Nepal is often sung as part of a flirtatious singing game played between boys and girls.
3. Bhaili and Deusi- Caroling songs of the Tihar festival—Bhaili is sung on the evening of Laxmi worship and boys sing Deushi on the following evening.
4. Sebru- This is a Sherpa folk tune from the snowy Himalayan region.
5. Wo chhu galli- A popular Newari folk tune.
6. Maina chari- This tune can be heard in the southern plains of Nepal during festival times.
7. Piyari Maya namara- “Darling, don’t destroy our love”.
8. Charima- A tune to be hummed during separation from one’s beloved.
9. Ceremonial Tune- This tune is played by members of the Damai musician caste during the weddings and other festival occasions.
10. Bhojpuri- This tune can be heard in the southern plains of Nepal during festival times.
Number of Tracks: 10
Manufactured by: Dexo Music Center