The book shows different scenes from Nepalese life. They include religious scenes from Hindu and Buddhist religions, Buddhist and Hindu goddesses, traditional dance masks, sungod-masks, scenes from an ancient mural painting, Newari wooden sculptured windows, mountains and natural scenes from the Hanuman myth. While travelling through Nepal, you will come across many of these and get a taste of the rich cultural heritage of the country and its people.
The scenes depicted in this book are as following:
- Nepalese devotees worshipping Hindu gods.
- Goddess Kali. She is one of the most powerful and fascinating Hindu goddesses.
- Buddhist devotees offering prayers at the Boudhnath stupa.
- Masks used in Newari dance. These magnificent masks are used in the Mahakali Pyakhan dance performed during the Indra Yatra festival.
- Newari masks depicting sun and moon.
- Ancient mural painting from Bhaktapur. It shows a bride and her bride and her bridegroom sitting under a tree.
- Newari woman and traditional window with woodcraft motifs.
- Trekking in the mountains of Nepal.
- Scenes from the mountains of Nepal. Farmers carrying again in huge baskets.
- Scene from an old Hanuma myth. Hanuma, the monkey-god helps queen Sita, wife of Rama, who was forcibly taken to Lanka by the demon-king Ravan.
- Buddhist prayer-stone with flower and water motifs.
- Maithili sun god dance.
She is the author of Nindra Maya, Boudhanath Coloring Book, Decorative Mehandi Hands Coloring Book, Faces from Nepal Coloring Book , Real Love: Followed by Helpers of Madhukar and Nindramaya, Living in the Clouds: The Story of Lhoku, a Young Sherpa Girl, The King's Parrot: A Nepalese Tale, Nepali Lifestyle Mehandi Hands Coloring Book, Swayambhunath Coloring Book, Mehandi Hands for Children Coloring Book