Title:Healing Emotions: Conversations With The Dalai Lama on Mindfulness,Emotions,And Health
Remarks:B&W Illustrations, No dust jacket and the book is just fine.
Size:140 x 213 mm
Can the mind heal the body? The Buddhist tradition says yes—and now that many Western scientists are beginning to agree, these discussions between His Holiness the Fourteenth Dalai Lama and a group of prominent physicians, psychologists, and meditation teachers could not be more timely. This book is a record of the Mind and Life Conference III, a meeting that took place in 1991 in Dharamsala, India, gathering together a unique assortment of Buddhist teachers and Western scholars to discuss such questions as:
• How are the brain, immune system, and emotions interconnected?
• What emotions are associated with enhanced well-being?
• How can death help us understand the nature of mind?
• How does self-esteem affect body and mind? • How is morality related to physical and mental health?
• Can the mind heal the body?